|Classification|||||A.11.2.6. (Complexes of) Buildings, Public, Government Buildings|
|Place|||||Windhoek, Rev. Michael Scott St|
|Site Environment|||||Some steps from city centre.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5241, No. 154, 1986. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.172.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 01.08.1986 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
H-form ground shape, stone foundation, walls from unbacked clay, towers on the corners, spacious verandas. Roof of corrugated iron. Window frames and veranda props orginally from wood. 10 L-shaped rooms, 5 x 5m and 2.6 x 2.6m each, 4 with separate bathrooms; 2 shared bathrooms. Plastered in course of a later renovation..
Designed by Gottlieb Redecker and erected in 1906/07 as accomodation for 10 unmarried government officials. Today, it accomadates female government officials.