|Classification|||||A.11.2.5. (Complexes of) Buildings, Public, Police Buildings and Prisons|
|Place|||||Swakopmund, Cn. Moses //Garoëb / Feld St|
|Site Environment|||||On the easthern side of the city, close to the suburbs.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 4058, No. 1956, 1973. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.167-168.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 26.10.1973 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
The jail section is hidden behind the front building in a separate wing. The main wing was used as staff quarters.The style can be called inconsistent with its function. Stone foundations. Irregulary put stone bricks at the corners, "Fachwerk" in the second storey. Little tower and dormer on the green roof. Main Entrance at the left corner through one of the 2 round arches. Information board and bronze plaque..
Erected between 1907 and 1909 after the plans of Otto Ertl.