|Classification|||||A.08.6. Historical and Military Sites, Other|
|Place|||||Otavi, Rentes Farm|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 4030, No. 1739, 1973. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.109-111. Bruwer, JJ, "Kilometer 500, Die Beëindiging van die Suidwes-Afrika-Kampanje 70 jaar gelede", in: Militaria, 16/1, 1986, p.4-13. Ders., "D|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 28.09.1973 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Simple monument, grave-stone-shaped. Situated under an omuparara tree. Bronze panel reads "This marks where hostilities terminated in South West Africa, 9th July 1915". On the back, the information board of the Monuments Council is affixed. Fenced..
Erected after the idea of Lord Sydney Charles Buxton to commemorate the capitulation of the Germans on 09.07.1915. 3 days earlier, Governor Theodor Seitz and General Louis Botha met at this site to formulate the preliminary conditions of peace that were finally signed from those two and Colonel Franke on the 9th. It became known as the "Treaty of Khorab". In consequence, the non-commissioned officers and ranks were send to a prisoner-of-war camp in Aus. The plaque was fixed in 1920.