|Classification|||||A.11.2.4. (Complexes of) Buildings, Public, Railway Buildings|
|Place|||||Swakopmund, Cn. Anton Lubowski Ave / Bismarck St|
|Site Environment|||||City Centre|
|Instangible Aspects|||||Largest military building in Namibia.|
|Previous Use|||||Accommodation, school.|
|Current Use|||||Youth hostel.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 4058, No. 1956, 1973. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.167-168.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 02.11.1973 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Two-winged, front 55 m, with 2 2-storeyed tower at the centre, 45.5m side wing. Corner parts with little lookout towers in each corner. Large windows..
The building has been designed by engineers to accommodate the builders of the "Zweite Eisenbahn Baukompanie" who built a landing quay. It was erected in 1905-06. After the quay was finished and until WWI, it accommodated German soldiers. Afterwards it served as a school and from 1993 as a youth hostel.