|Classification|||||A.11.2.4. (Complexes of) Buildings, Public, Railway Buildings|
|Place|||||Lüderitz, Cn. Bismarck / Bahnhof St|
|Site Environment|||||Forms a unit with other double-storeyed buildings dating back to the same time.|
|Previous Use|||||Train station.|
|Current Use|||||Train station.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 3584, No. 2248, 1976. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.166-167.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 13.12.1976 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Terminal point of the line leading to Keetmanshoop. Typical German colonial style. Double-storeyed with a pointed-arched gable, decorated with a cartuche, and hipped roof..
Designed in 1913 by government builder Kurt Lohse and completed in 1914 to supply infrastructure and assist in the supression of the Nama rebellions. The construction of the line already started in 1905, but with the discovery of diamonds, it needed to expand its capacity, especially for passengers.