|Classification|||||A.08.6. Historical and Military Sites, Other|
|Place|||||Swakopmund, Farm Badges 158|
|Site Environment|||||Several other pattern and badges as well as little fortifications can be seen between Swakopmund and Trekkopje. Cemetery at Trekkopje of the soldiers who fell in the battle on 26 April 1915.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 3706, No. AG 7, 1978. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.107. Cooke, Bryan V., "Insignia in the Desert", S.W.A. Jaarboek 1975, p.25-31.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 17.02.1978 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
A platform allows the visitor to see the main badge. It measures about 30m x 12m and depicts the king's crown, a huge bugle and the symbols "2 DLI". Another one a few metres away shows a thistle with a scroll with the Gaelic motto "ALBA NAM BUADH" ("Well done, Scotland")..
The badges were laid out in stone from April to June 1915 by units of the Second Battalions of the First Battalion of the Transvaal Scottish Regiment and the Durban light Infantry Regiments while they were guarding the railway line between Swakopmund and Usakos against possible German sabotage.