|Classification|||||A.11.1.1. (Complexes of) Buildings, Spiritual, Churches|
|Place|||||Keetmanshoop, Sam Nujoma Ave|
|Site Environment|||||City Centre|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 3761, No. AG 18, 1978. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.143-144.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 09.06.1978 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Similar to the church in Gamsbach, Germany. Space for 1,000 people. Stone. Square tower, narrowing to an octogonally peaked tip, 30 m high. Bowed wooden ceiling and pulpit. Bronze plaque and information board..
The first church that had been built due to a donation by Johann Keetman in 1866. The Aub River washed it away in 1890. The Nama Kaptein Tseib who settled there with its followers, donated the land for the second church. Its construction by the community was supervised by Rev. Tobias Fenchel. Consecration in 1895. It was used by the black community until 1961 (the Europeans built their own church in 1930), when they were expelled from the "white" quarter. Since 1978 it is used as a museum.