|Classification|||||A.11.3.1. (Complexes of) Buildings, Private, Residences|
|Site Environment|||||Near the OMEG-Minenbuero (108/1990) and the hospital.|
|Previous Use|||||Residence, company guest house.|
|Current Use|||||Supposed to be a hotel after restoration.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5895, No. AG 12, 1990. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.187-188.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 15.02.1990 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
The huge house is surrounded by a garden with a pool. Turret on the top for ventilation. Partly furnished with the original furniture..
The first director's house of the "Otavi Minen and Eisenbahn Gesellschaft" (OMEG, Otavi Mining and Railway Company) was completed in 1907. Only the back of it, the cellar and the staircases remain. The second house was errected in 1912 and therefore is the second oldest building in Tsumeb. Four Directors have lived their with their families: between 1912 and 1922, W. Thometzek, from then to 1932 Friedrich Wilhelm Kegel, between 1938 and 1947 Dr Caspar Hensen, in the same year M.D. Banghardt. Afterwards it was used as a company guest house. Before it was sold in 2009, it was not used for 7 years.