|Classification|||||A.11.1.1. (Complexes of) Buildings, Spiritual, Churches|
|Place|||||Tsumeb, Main Road|
|Site Environment|||||Surrounded by rich vegetation.|
|Instangible Aspects|||||St. Barbara is the patron saint of the miners.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5895, No. AG 15, 1990. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.148-149. Peters, Walter, "Baukunst in Suedwestafrika 1884 bis 1914", Windhoek 1981.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 15.02.1990 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Round-arched windows, axial tower with a later added hipped roof and a decorative cross, confessional-flanked entrance. 3/8-choir room. The organ loft ist divided by the main nave. Information plaque..
Erected in 1913 by Rudolf Mann under supervison of Brother Ucken, inaugurated 1914. In 1906 Mr PFP Nachtwey, Perfect of the Roman Catholic Church in Winhoek, asked the OMEG for assistence to establish an Roman Catholic mission in Tsumeb, that since 1940 has been guided by Father Schulte who errected a little "hartbesshuis" at the back of the church which served as a school for locals. With the advent of Roman Catholic Sisters of the Convent of the Holy Cross in 1921, a Sisters's house, mission school, kindergarten, hostel and visitors accomodation had been built, again with the help of OMEG.