|Classification|||||A.08.3.2. Historical and Military Sites, Battle Fields, Colonial Resistance|
|Place|||||Okahandja, Farm Harmonie No.225|
|Site Environment|||||Portion of the consolitated Farm Ovikokorero No 152.|
|Previous Use|||||Battle field, burying ground.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 3918, No. AG 18, 1979. Vogt, Andreas, \"National Monuments in Namibia\", Windhoek 2004, p.99-100.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 19.03.1979 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Pyramidal structure, 4 m high, and 4 graves together with 5 m of surrounding land. Plaque..
Erected to commemorate 26 German soldiers who died on 13 March 1904 in the battle with the Hereros. They were guided by Major Georg van Glasenapp who moved into the direction of a Herero camp with a patrol consisting of 11 officers, 46 troops and 3 Namibians, an ox-cart and a machine gun. Few Herero warriors were encountered and Von Glasnapp was under the impression the hereros had evaded the Germans and left but he was wrong and the troop encountered a major Herero force. Amongst the fallen were Captain Hugo von Francios and Lieutnant Otto Eggers. This caused the renaissance system to be upgraded. After heavy losses, the patrols were decreased in number to avoid a confrontation in a fight and rather look out for the cattle posts of the Herero that revealed their presence.