|Classification|||||A.07.1.1. Burial Grounds, Graves, Graves of Traditional Leaders|
|Instangible Aspects|||||The last monument proclaimed during the time of SA administration.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5916, No. AG 26, 1990. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p. 63-67.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 20.03.1990 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Cross-shaped memorial stone with the names of the three chiefs engraved. The base has an inscription in Herero: "Here lie three chieftains at rest. They ruled the country for the good of the Herero people, but now they are dead. They were chiefs indeed." Floral decorative engravings. The grave stone of K. Tjamuaha has the shape of a cartridge. On the covering plate there is the shape of the continent Africa engraved, with an inscription in Herero. Surrounded by a wall..
The place of the Herero grave has once been the cattle kraal of Chief Tjamuaha who died in 1861 and was buried there. His son, Chief Maharero, was buried next to him when he died in 1890. His other son, Chief Samuel Maharero, died in 1923. A memorial stone for the complex of those three graves was erected on 18 May 1924. The graves of Samuel Friedrich Maharero, who died in 1952, and Kaimbire Tjamuaha, who died in 1989, are also situated here.