|Classification|||||A.11.3.1. (Complexes of) Buildings, Private, Residences|
|Site Environment|||||Small stone pyramid next to the ruins with a bronze plaque, installed 1950. Its inscription commemorates the stay of the trekkers at this place from 1879-80. Formerly known as "Rusplaas" in Kaokefeld.|
|Previous Use|||||Home base.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 1581, No. 166, 1951. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.193-195.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 01.03.1951 by the Historical Monuments Commission for South West Africa (HMC).|
Ruins of a two-roomed house with an encircling wall (80 x 100 m)..
Built near a spring in 1878 by Mr van der Merve: a Dorsland Trekker, farmer and church elder. It served as a provisional base for two years for the Boers.