|Classification|||||A.11.3.3. (Complexes of) Buildings, Private, Business Buildings|
|Place|||||Karibib, betwenn Main, Third and Fracht St|
|Site Environment|||||In an ensemble with the other colonial buildings in Main St.|
|Instangible Aspects|||||Hälbich & Co is the oldest trading company in Namibia and played an integral role in the development of Karibib.|
|Previous Use|||||Shop, workshop, residence.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5187, No. 54, 1986. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p. 178-179.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 01.04.1986 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
4 buildings: shop (built 1899), facing Main St with a wrought-iron burglar proofing, residence, combined commercial section and living quarters, storehouse or forge (1900-1907). Large semi-detached, cast-iron lattice-work structure serving as a fence on the corner of Main and Third St. Remains of the waggon workshop behind the storehouse. Bronze plaque..
Hälbich died in 1900 and his sons moved his trading company, founded in 1873, from Otjimbingwe to Karibib.