|Classification|||||A.11.2.3. (Complexes of) Buildings, Public, Post Offices|
|Place|||||Keetmanshoop, Cn Hampie Plichta / Sixth Ave|
|Previous Use|||||Post office, barracks.|
|Current Use|||||Tourism office.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 5314, No. 22, 1987. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.173-174. Peters, Walter, "Baukunst in Suedwestafrika 1884 bis 1914", Windhoek 1981, p.251-253.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 02.02.1987 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Granite blocks on the outside, air-dried bricks interior. Roof from corrugated iron. Anteroom, spacious hall with reception counters, 2 telegraphic service offices, an office for the postmaster and living quarters for 2 officials. High, pointed gable topped by a square clock tower at the main part in the middle, two adjoining parts with stepped gables symmetrically to each side, used as dwellings, connected through 2 verandas to the main part. All gables with small round-arched windows..
Erected in 1910 by Seebach & Bach after the design of Gottlieb Redecker to replace the older and smaller post office. Door and windows were imported from Germany.