|Classification|||||A.08.5. Historical and Military Sites, Beacons|
|Site Environment|||||The boundary ran through the house of the missionary Heinrich Scheppman. He was active at his mission station in Rooibank from 1845-1847. A memorial stone can still be found there.|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 2786, No. 35, 1967. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p. 51-52.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 01.05.1967 by the Historical Monuments Commission for South West Africa (HMC).|
The Historical Monuments Council identified post in 1958 and moved it 500m from original position, a protective fence and yellow information board was erected of which the text is no longer legible. The area near Kuiseb is associated with the missionary Heinrich Schepmann and mission station Rooibank, which no longer exits, only a memorial stone is found..
Erected in 1885 by the land surveyor PBS Wrey who was instructed by the British government to demarcate the border between British and German territory. In 1958, the post was moved about 500 m from its orginal position, next to the road at the former Ururas police station to the Kuiseb Valley. The boundary between British and German territories ran through the missionary's house at Rooibank. It was deserted between 1870 and 1879. Johann Philip Baumann was the last missionary there but left in April 1883. It then became a branch of the Rhenish Mission in Walvis Bay.