|Classification|||||A.11.1.1. (Complexes of) Buildings, Spiritual, Churches|
|Place|||||Windhoek, Stuebel St.|
|Site Environment|||||City Centre|
|Refences|||||Official Gazette 4786, No. AG 110, 1983. Vogt, Andreas, "National Monuments in Namibia", Windhoek 2004, p.149-150.|
|Legal Status|||||Declared as National Monument on 15.06.1983 by the National Monuments Council of South Africa (NMC, National Monuments Act 1969, No. 28).|
Twin tower, right-angled cathedral in neo-Romanic style. Open entrance hall with 3 arches. Embossements of local sandstone..
In 1931, the original church from 1903 was extended: The nave was lengthened eastwards and the towers were added. The firm Kock&Schmidt was responsible for the construction. The St Mary's Cathedral was consecrated in April 1932. In 1971, extended for the second time: The nave was lengthened westwards and new choir stalls and chancel were built. New stained glass and lead and stained glass windows. Renovated in 1993/4. From the original building, the ornamental cement tiles remain. Several other objects had been moved to Roman Catholic Church in Pioneer's Park.